Thursday, April 11

sew…


I am going through my Tim Holtz BIGZ dies and deciding whether they will stay a part of my stash.
So far…I like this one!
THe base card is white card stock with a panel of black card stock.
USing a piece of water color paper that was painted green I embossed it with a pattern embossing folder by Tim Holtz.
With peach textured card stock I cut the images from Tim Holtz BIGZ die “Sewing Room” and glued or foam taped them to the card front.
On more white card stock I stamped the sentiment from Jillian Vance Designs “Sew Special”and die cut t with a die from MFT Stamps “Stitched Rectangle STAX” then foam taped it to the card front.


5 comments:

  1. Love it - a great pub in the sentiment, and a dramatic card, the way you have used the colours against the black, Arlene
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sewing themed card! Such a great sentiment, and the texture and embossed panel set it off perfectly! The contrast of black makes the colors stand out. Thanks so much for playing along at Color Hues with this pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous sewing themed card that features the Colour Hues combination wonderfully! Someone will be sew sew happy to receive this! Thank you for sharing in the CH gallery.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative combination of elements. I do think this one should stay in your stash. Wonderful card Arlene! Thanks so much for playing with Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interpretation of the color challenge! I think this die is a keeper. I think the button would be useful in many situations where a real button would be too thick!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!