Thursday, February 23

two for one…


Not everyone is into bright colors for celebrations which made me try something a little different.
The base card is dark kraft card stock with a panel of lighter kraft card stock, then dark grey card stock.
On white card stock I made a background piece with Tim Holtz sprays.
From this piece I die cut the cat using dies from Tim Holtz “Mischievous”
On another piece of kraft card stock I used Tim Holtz “Burlap” stencil with Tim Holtz translucent texture paste and set it aside to dry.
Once dry I die cut the piece with My Favorite Things “Celebrate Speech Bubble”, setting aside the letters and glued it to the card front.
Using glue and a foam square I applied the cat.

Using the leftover letters and another set of dies from the Tim Holtz set of cats I made this card…

Let’s not waste anything!




3 comments:

  1. A fabulous 'twofer' Arlene - love your colours and the textures you created with the sprays and the stencil and paste.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this colour combo and especially all the texture of the sprays and the paste! Great that you got a two-fer as well! Thanks for taking Time Out to "celebrate" with us at Time Out Challenges! Hope we’ll see you in the gallery again soon,
    Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arlene, they are so fun! I love how you added the light texture on the kraft and the cute kitty! The one where she is walking on the celebrate :D is soo fun. Thank you for joining us at our Birthday party at Time Out challenges. Hugs ~ Ishani

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!