Monday, February 20

butterfly…


You can probably tell that I chose the bottom row for my card.
I used Distress inks fired brick, shaded lilac and hickory smoke in place of the paprika, wisteria and pewter.
The base card is rust card stock with a layer of black card stock.
The white card stock layer was run through my Vagabond with Cuttlebug “Poopy” folder.
The image is from Stampin’ Up’s “Swallowtail” stamped onto white card stock and then the inks were applied.
This I trimmed out with scissors and glued to the card front.


6 comments:

  1. Stunning work - this is a very striking card with the textured white and then that amazing butterfly
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! The colors are beautifully popped but the white embossed background. Love the simple design, too. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arlene, WOW, beautiful, great texture and beautiful butterfly, love the off edge look. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That gorgeous butterfly against the white embossed background is breath taking! Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful card. I love the white embossed background which really makes the butterfly beautiful. I love the idea of half of the butterfly I am totally going to use that in future. Thanks so much for sharing with Colour Dare. I hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is stunning. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!