Sunday, February 12

smile…


For the three colors I used Distress pencils tumbled glass, prize ribbon and speckled egg.
I sharpened each one and in between sharpening I made a background paper with the shavings.
On water color paper I stamped the outside of Simon Says Stamp “Center Cut Star” with a light permanent ink.
Next I water colored it with the pencils. then cut it out.
On a white card stock base card I applied the darker of the background pieces, then glued on the “star” pieces.
Using the speckled egg background piece I die cut three of the My Favorite Things “Big Smile”, glued them toigether and then glued them to the card front.




5 comments:

  1. What a unique, and eye catching card Arlene - great work
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea - love the texture! Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this eye catching card. It will definitely bring a smile to the recipient. So glad you played along with us at Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great CAS card!
    Thanks for sharing with Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arlene, love the tectured look in your star and the large sentiment... watercoloring is perfect for this card. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!