Friday, February 10

book hearts…


When you work around books for the better part of your life you go back to them as an art piece.
Not to worry these books from over a hundred years ago were falling apart and honestly ready for the dump…but I couldn’t do it.
Instead they are made into cards or donated to an art school that uses them as collage pieces.
I took two pages our and colored them with watercolor.
Once dry I die cut them with the dies from Tim Holtz “Stacked Tiles, Hearts” and the sentiment from Tim Holtz “Friendship Words:Script”.
Using the sentiment die I also cut two extra pieces of cream linen card stock and applied them to the back of the colored sentiment.
On a bae card os cream linen card stock I applied the hearts with glue and foam tape then glued on the sentiment.


2 comments:

  1. A stunning card Arlene - I have on old Webster's Dictionary, only one volume of two, that I use in crafting also
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2/14/2023

    This is a fabulous card! Great take on the sketch and inspiration. Thanks for playing at Inspired By

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!