Wednesday, September 21

flower love…

and
Not always does love have to be Valentine time.
I decided to use colors and a flower I like at this time of year…sunflower.
The base card is cream card stock with a layer of dark brown card stock.
The main panel is done on water color paper using Tim Holtz “Bouquet” stencil and Distress crayons.
You choose you colors and rub them through the stencil then spritz and smear the colors!
Once dry I attached it to the card front.
Next I die cut the sentiment from brown card stock using My Favorite Things “All About You” die.
To finish I stamped the rest of the sentiment using MFT chocolate brown hybrid ink and  the words from MFT Stamps “All About You” stamp set.



5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! What a fabulous technique too. It has a real van Gogh vibe to it!

    Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the blended look of your sunflowers...and yes I agree "Love" is good anytime! Thanks for playing along with us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning work Arlene - love the blurry sunflowers - clear enough to see what they are, but blurred enough to create extra interest.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, Arlene! Love the muted look and the large greeting! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arlene this is so pretty, I love your water treatment and now I am curious to try out Distress Crayons! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!