Saturday, September 10

easy sparkle…


The easiest way to add sparkle to any card are the wonderful selection of Tim Holtz mica sprays!
The only problem I have with them is what ink to use to stamp overt them.
None seem to work without the ink disappearing into the mica spray on the card.
My way to deal with that was to use dies!
The base card is kraft card stock with a panel of dark brown card stock.
Next I applied a panel made with water color paper and the mica sprays.
From more dark brown card stock I die cut the sentiment, Catherine Pooler Designs “Thankful”, and flower, Tim Holtz “Wildflower Stems #1” and glued them to the card front.





2 comments:

  1. Arlene, I have those mica sprays and hadn't even thought about stamping over them - so happy to read that you've solved the issue and very beautifully, too! Such gorgeous sparkle you've added to our gallery at The Flower Challenge! Thanks for playing along again!
    =] Michele DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the contrast of the black against your beautiful background. Thanks for joining us this month at The Flower Challenge, sorry I’m so late visiting you. I hope to see you next month too. Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!