Friday, August 26

meaning of festive…


I’m not always sure about what is expected for a challenge when it is a single word, however I decided to start looking up the meanings.
This is what I found for “festive”…
“Cheerful and jovially celebratory!”
A hot cup of coffee for Halloween makes me very festive!
Especially with bright colors and friends.
The base card is kraft card stock with a layer of black card stock.
The main panel is water color paper spritzed with Distress stains.
From black card stock I die cut the sentiment (Sizzix “Rainbow Magic”) and the face for the jack o’lantern (Trinity Stamps “Boo Brew Stand-alone Die Set”).
Using the same Trinity Stamps set and vellum I cut out the steam ghost.
The rest was cut with the same set and more spritzed water color paper.
These were glued to gether and foam taped to the card front.

2 comments:

  1. I have done the same for single words- look up the meaning! I am always in doubt if the culture differences could also make the meaning different! I love your take Arlene. Great play of colours and textures and Halloween is of course a festive time :D Thank yo for taking time out and joining us. Hugs ~ Ishani.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on the challenge word - this card is definitely festive! Thanks so much for playing alogn with us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!