Sunday, April 10

free hand…


I have never been good at free hand art!
That’s why I love stamps.
They start me off and I can use paints, markers, pencils, etc. to create the art I want.
However this challenge lead me back to my days in high school when I thought I would become an artist.
The base card is white card stock with a layer of blue card stock.
I die cut white card stock and a piece of water color paper with two of my oval nesting dies.
With a triangle quilting template I drew, very lightly, guidelines to the center-ish of the piece.
Then I water colored it using the following Distress Inks…
weathered wood
chipped sapphire
stormy sky
pumice stone
frayed burlap
hickory smoke
forest moss
walnut stain
So thrilled to be able to do it free hand.
Once dry I stamped the sentiment from Wordsworth using Memento rich cocoa ink.

Here’s my challenge to you…
try some free hand work!



4 comments:

  1. WOW! I am in awe of your majestic scene and your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing card Arlene, and I love what you have drawn - that is stunning, and your use of colour is fabulous
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow... I'm so impressed with this scene! Beautiful work on the mountains and the oval design is really dynamic and unique. A really stunning card! Thanks for playing at Time Out!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning!! Thanks for playing along with us at Time Out Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!