Wednesday, February 2

time for a birthday card…


After winning a previous challenge I was asked to be a guest designer and was thrilled to do so.
I started with an off white card stock base card and layered on grey card stock.
On water color paper I made a background with Distress Oxide inks walnut stain, evergreen bough, faded jeans, frayed burlap and mustard seed.
Once dry I stamped it with the clock from Tim Holtz “The Big Top” stamp set using Distress ink hickory smoke.
Next I die cut the hands for the clock using grey card stock and the airplane die from Tim Holtz “Travel” set, trimming off the wings and punching holes in the centers.
Next I placed a grey brad into the holes and after punching a hole in the center of the clock I fastened it to that piece.
This I foam taped to the card front.
From more grey card stock I die cut the words from Tim Holtz “Celebration Words:Script” and glued them to the card front.
I also cut the man using Tim Holtz “Umbrella Man” die, trimmed off the umbrella, stamped it with a stamp from Tim Holtz “Slight Alterations” set using Distress Ink hickory smoke.
I also applied the ink with a sponge tool around the edge of the man before foam taping him to the card front.



5 comments:

  1. So happy you could GDT The Male Room, Your card is awesome, love the silhouette and artsy background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Arlene.

    Thanks so much for joining us at our Guest Designer this month at The Male Room Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colourful and organic background! I also love your stamped clock and the cleverly added clock arms. Thanks for being Guest Designer at The Male Room. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful card Arlene - love the colourful background and your imaginative use of the die cut to form you clock 'hands'. A fabulous result and congratulations on your Guest DT spot!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great design! A very fun take on our theme, and I love how colourful it is. Thank you for joining us as Guest Designer at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!