Sunday, February 13

take care…


There are three techniques that need to be used for this challenge so I will list them first.
Faux Cloisonne…I don’t have magazines. To be able to do the technique I used a piece of glossy card stock and applied Distress alcohol inks lettuce, eggplant and cranberry.
This gave me the glossy look of a magazine page. 
Next I stamped the image from Unity Stamp Company “…girl truly” with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with silver embossing powder.
Stamping…I started with a white card stock base card and added a strip of black card stock before stamping the sentiment from Pinkfresh “Floral Notes” set with Versafine black ink.
Diecutting…From silver card stock I die cut the frame using dies from Pinkfresh “Essentials inverted stitched scallop circles” and glued the trimmed flowers to the inside of the frame before trimming the edge.
This I foam taped to the black strip.


4 comments:

  1. What beautiful flowers, Arlene! I love your alcohol inked background and it is perfect for this cloisonné challenge! A beautiful card! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever use of your materials to make the Faux Cloisonne technique, and a really dramatic card with the black panel behind it. Another stunning card Arlene and I love it
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Arlene! Your AI on glossy is perfect for this technique. Great design on your card! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG..Gorgeous Faux Cloisonne CAS Card design, Arlene using your alcohol ink on glossy cardstock instead of a glossy magazine. Beautiful also using silver heat embossing instead of gold. TFS your beauty and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!