Monday, October 4

shopping birthday…


Today is another one of those days when my stamping is with one company…by choice!
I lucked out as it is a slimline challenge and Picket Fence Studios has a wonderful die set for slim line.
The base card is white card stock.
Next I die cut a layer of pink card stock using the larger die in the Picket Fence Studios “Slim Line Cutting System” then applying black card stock to the back of it before applying it to the base card.
Next I die cut black card stock with the smaller slim line die then cut three squares with the plain square die from the set.
I cut a piece of white card stock a bit smaller than this black piece and taped it to the base card.
Using the black die cut piece I pulled out sentiments to stamp within the squares from Picket Fence Studios “More At A Day In The Park” and “Dear Best Friend” and stamped them using Memento tuxedo black ink.
I applied the black die cut piece with black foam squares to the card.
On more, heavier, white card stock I stamped the images from “Dear Best Friend” with the Memento ink and trimmed them out before foam taping and gluing them to the card front!

P.S. Everyone shows these new tools to smooth your inking using platforms.
I have Tim Holtz stamping platform and I decided to try and make my own tool.
I started by looking around my house for something heavy enough to use and found the top from my “Amuck” jar I had purchased from Spirit Halloween Store.
I placed one of my sponges in the center and found that it fit perfectly with no gluing.
Next I die cut a piece of black wool, with double back adhesive on one side, using a circle die,
just large enough to fit the top.
I applied it to the top and use it every time I stamp with my Tim Holtz stamping platform.





2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card Arlene - loving the touches of pink there.
    Thanks for sharing how you made your new tool... I may just have to have a look around my house.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really eye catching and stand out design. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!