Monday, September 6

books, leaves, miniatures…

and

This non-card challenge submission is kind of selfish as I made it for myself!
I found this frame discounted at Michael’s and bought it not knowing what I was going to do with it!

Since I love books, leaves and miniatures I decided to make myself a shadow box.
Into the frame I placed a piece of watercolor paper that I had decorated beneath with Distress ink rusty hinge with Distress paint walnut stain and lifted it with Tim Holtz “Autumn Stencil”.
Next I found a place to download mini books…
For the open book I downloaded printed and followed the directions. 
For the rest of the books I cut small pieces of watercolor paper and glued them together then in the covers I had printed.
To make the birthday book I cut another piece of water color paper and stamped images from Art Impressions”Blooming Birdhouse” and “Branches Set” with Distress markers.
Then I stamped the sentiment, unknown company with Distress ink.
To finish I glued that into another of the book covers.
To finish I placed the “stamp” from a print press in the frame, added the books and finished with the birthday book!




2 comments:

  1. Wow what an awesome project Arlene and an amazing result - this is stunning! Love the 'books' and how you have made them all.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Arlene! That's absolutely stunning and such attention to detail. I adore it.Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday , hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!