Sunday, August 29

by the lake…


I chose two colors for the card base a textured gold and green.
The main piece is water color paper that I taped to my glass mat and watercolored a scene with Distress inks rustic wilderness, gathered twigs, prize ribbon, brushed corduroy, stormy sky, mermaid lagoon and salvaged patina.
Once dry I added the ripple with a stamp from Newton’s Nook Designs “Lake Advice” adding a bit of water to smooth it out.
Then stamping the sentiment from the set by cutting it down and stamping the top on the front with StazOn timber brown ink.
I finished by stamped the rest of the sentiment on the inside with the same ink:





3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card Arlene - that is a gorgeous scene you have createdc. Love the way you have used the sentiment too.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. that's a beautiful scene Arlene! Love the way the colored cardbase adds beauty to the clean scene. So glad to see you join us at Time out challenges, hope you join us again. Hugs ~ Ishani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautifully watercoloured tranquil scene - I love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!