Thursday, May 13

beach stars...


This posting is going to be about something I tried because I had seen it on another blog...but it didn’t work for me.
The main piece for this card is made of watercolor paper stamped with an image from Stampin’ Up “Summer By the Sea” using StazOn jet black ink.
The first one I did I used MOLOTOW Grafiz Art Masking Liquid to cover the boy and star fish.
I allowed it to dry while I made dinner and ate it, then came back and water colored with Distress Oxide inks faded jeans, mermaid lagoon and brushed corduroy.
Once it was dry I used my finger to try and roll the blue stuff off...but with it came a lot of the watercolor paper???
So I started again without the MOLOTOW and was just careful to paint around the image.
If anyone has any reasons why this didn’t work for me I would love to hear them!
My second main image was applied to black card stock and then a white card stock base card.
To finish I stamped the sentiment from MFT Stamps “Beach Buds” with Memento tuxedo black ink.


1 comment:

  1. I'm not much of a mask user, so I'm sorry, I can't comment on what might have happened. I can, however comment on how beautifully the second turned out! I love the effect, the little guy really pops out of your wonderful scene. Thanks so much for joining us over at Little Red Wagon Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!