Saturday, April 24

one in a chameleon...


A while back I made a bunch of backgrounds by just rubbing the excess inks from my brushes onto white card stock whenever I did some stenciling with them.
This gave me a wonderful pile of backgrounds.
Though I am not sure what the exact colors are I do know that this background was made with Distress Oxides.
The base card is white card stock.
I cut a strip of the background card stock and taped it to the base card.
On more of the background card stock and white card stock I stamped the chameleon from Lawn Fawn’s “One in a Chameleon Flip Flop” using Memento tuxedo black ink.
I trimmed the white eye from the white chameleon and glued it to the background chameleon.
On white card stock I stamped the branch from the same set and trimmed them both out and glued them to the front of the card.
To finish I stamped the leaves and sentiment with the same ink from Lawn Fawn’s “One in a Chameleon” set.


 

4 comments:

  1. Loving your use of the surplus ink panels - that is gorgeous. A wonderful card Arlene
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Love the "sky" background - Thanks for joining in at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant idea for backgrounds Arlene! Your sky is the most beautiful combination of colours and I love that you used a chameleon to reflect them. Thank you for coming to play with us at Addicted to CAS! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layout and the fabulous background. I also love that you didn't color the branch and let your fabulous chameleon take center stage! So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!