Monday, April 12

grrrreetings...

 

After watching Jennifer McGuire’s Embossing YouTube today I decided to experiment with my own stuff.
I had a piece of card stock that I had painted with Distress paints spun sugar, mowed lawn, salty ocean and mustard seed.
I wondered if it would emboss.
I stamped the images from MFT Stamps “Monster Sized”using StazOn jet black ink and drying it with a heat tool.
With the Distress brush embossing pen I colored all but the eyes, ran them through clear embossing powder and heat embossed them.
Once cooled I die cut them with the coordinating dies.
Next I started the card by making a base card of yellow card stock.
I cut a strip of black card stock and die cut two stars from the same set, then I stamped the sentiment from the set with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.
I applied pieces of the painted card stock under the stars of the black piece and taped it to the base card.
From more of the painted paper I cut another star and applied it to the front.
Back to the monsters I colored their eyes with white gel pen then colored mini pearl gemstones with #100 Copic marker and applied them to the eyes before foam taping the monters to the card front.
To finish I colored more of the gemstone pearls with a green Copic and applied them to the black section of the card.

2 comments:

  1. Those monsters are adorable. However I do think that I would go in my pants if I saw them for real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More cute little monsters. I love the effect you have achieved with their color. Thanks so much for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!