Saturday, November 28

Christmas Card Throwdown...November Stash Challenge 2020



I placed this graphic on my page today as this will be my last posting as a design team member with Christmas Card Throwdown.
You will still find their link on my blog and I hope to be able to participate in the future but life has gotten hectic and I need to relieve my responsibilities.
Thanks to the group as this was a wonderful team to work with!

I am also being kind of naughty on this challenge.
We were supposed to use foils or gilding flakes for this challenge.
I have trouble with foils...sadly.
I own no gilding flakes...too pricey.
So I cheated.
The base card is white card stock.
On black card stock I stamped the image from Crafter’s Companion “Poinsettia” set using Versamark ink and heat embossing it with white embossing powder.
Once cool I die cut it with the coordinating die and attached it to the base card.
On the bottoms of the base card I stamped the sentiment from Recollections “Christmas” set using Memento tuxedo black ink.
To achieve the glittery look I colored the berries with Reminisce gold gel pen then with Wink of Stella clear gloss.
I also colored the ribbons with. The Wink of Stella.

Thank you for everything and I will continue blogging so please join me in the future!




3 comments:

  1. You combined black and white fantastically with glittering foil

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and elegant Christmas card! The poinsettia looks like embroidered - really a very beautiful effect! Don't worry about the gilding flakes, I didn't have any either and used ultra fine glitter instead! ...you do what you can with what you have! ;)
    In a few weeks it will be Christmas - time goes by so fast! I wish you wonderful and peaceful holidays and above all a happy and healthy New Year! Hugs, Rosi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ta carte est splendide Arlene, dommage que tu n'ais pas de gilding mais je suis heureuse que tu ais tout de même joué avec nous pour ton dernier challenge, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!