Saturday, October 10

in the seventies...


Retro for me means the seventies or the sixties.
I chose to use the seventies for my card.
The base card is white card stock with a layer of black card stock.
For the background piece I covered one side of the Tim Holtz “Kaleidoscope” 3D embossing folder with Distress Oxide spiced marmalade, candied apple and mustard seed inks and ran it through the Vagabond machine then trimmed it to fit the base card.
On another piece of white card stock I stamped the image of the ladies (unknown company).
These I trimmed out and applied to the card front.
I used a sentiment from MFT Stamps “Have Hope”, a wonderful set for breast cancer, and stamped it to black card stock with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.
To finish I cut it to a strip and made flag ends with a square punch.


3 comments:

  1. Great girls card, I really love the background, so bright and 'retro' Thanks for joining in our challenge at Cardz 4 Galz Dawn S DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've done that background and the image is fab. Thanks for joining my challenge at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color combo you used for the card. It reminds me of the 70's. Thanks for playing along with the Cardz 4 Galz challenge.
    Leslie Larkin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!