Friday, June 5

watering can...


There is in the garden, in front of my home, a wonderful old watering can.
It is mostly for display but I do use it occasionally.
The base card is white card stock with a layer of black card stock.
On the next white card stock layer I die cut the corner with a die from Sizzix “Mixed Media #5” and stamped the sentiment with a stamp from Taylored Expressions “Let’s Talk Sentiments” using Distress Archival black soot ink.
Using grey card stock and Sizzix “Watering Can” die I cut it out then brushed it with Distress Oxide black soot ink.
The red vellum was cut with Sizzix “Small Tattered Florals”.
The black vellu was made of white vellum smeared and heat set with the Archival ink.
With that I cut leaves from the America’s set.
All were applied with glue dots to the watering can then it was applied to the card front with foam squares.
To finish I applied grey enamel dots from Wplus9 “Autumn Splendor Red” to the flowers. 



3 comments:

  1. Simply stunning Arlene - and great use of the vellum!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo colured vellum, I'd forgotten all about that. Perfect for your flowers. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card. Thank you for joining us at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join again. Tina DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!