Friday, April 24

paper bits...

and


A very long time ago I went to my local paper supply store to get A2 envelopes and the very kind proprietor gave me a bunch of sample booklets...

Inside the booklets were samples of color card stock as well as weights of paper and card stocks.
Today I found them and decided to incorporate them into cards.
The base card is white card stock, from a pack.
The watercolor background was done on water color paper with Distress inks mowed lawn, mustard seed and blueprint sketch.
From one of the booklets I chose a blue card stock to go behind the water color piece.
From another booklet I chose white card stock to stamp the image from Hero Arts CL755 (2015) set using Gina K. Designs black amalgam ink.
After trimming it it with scissors I glued it to the card front.
To finish I stamped a sentiment from the same set with the same ink.




4 comments:

  1. Love this gorgeous card Arlene - I guess you are feeling that way about your gorgeous grand daughter - I know I am.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it lovely when you find a way to recycle things into your cardmaking? What a great thing to have been given. I like the pretty background for your bear. The image goes so well with the sentiment. Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, the inky background makes your sweet bears pop. And isn't it fun to use something that has been hanging out in your stash for a while - Thanks for joining us this time at Retro Rubber. Cx DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, what a cute card, love the image and your background. Thanks for sharing with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!