Friday, April 24

May is memorial...

and

For this fusion I chose the beautiful picture for my card inspiration.
Recently I learned that I could water color with Distress Oxides on a Distress Oxide background and just had to try it.
The base card is kraft card stock with a layer of black card stock.
The main piece is water color paper with Distress Oxide frayed burlap for the background.
Once dry I stamped the Tim Holtz “Flowers” stamp with Archival espresso ink and water colored it with Distress Oxide candied apple and peeled paint inks.
To finish I stamped the sentiment (unknown company) with Gina K. Designs amalgam ink.


3 comments:

  1. What a stunning and eloquent card Arlene - today we have had ANZAC day (our equivalent of Memorial Day) and the poppy is also our symbol.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. You have done an amazing job with your ox inks. Thanks for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely CAS card. Thanks for sharing this over at The Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!