Thursday, January 9

40th birthday...

and

It is hard to believe but my youngest is turning 40 next week.
All he wanted for his birthday was a new lamp for his desk at his group home.
While he was home for Christmas we scanned the lamps online, and I ordered one that he wanted.
Since he knew what he was getting I didn’t bother to wrap, helping to save the environment!
I did want to make a tag so here are my instructions...
The background was made when I was guest designer for CAS Mix Up Challenge...
This I die cut with the largest tag die in the MFT Die-namics “Stitched Traditional Tag STAX” set.
Using black card stock I cut another of these tags then another of the largest tag with the next smallest inside, this makes a frame.
I used 1/8” tape to apply the frame to the oxidized tag then used the same tape to apply that to the full black tag, this allows me to write inside the tag.
On more black card stock I stamped the sentiments from Kindred Stamps “Holidays Are a Nightmare” and “Building Blocks” using Versamark ink and heat embossed them with white embossing powder.
These I trimmed and taped to the tag front.
To finish I stamped the image from Kindred Stamps “Holidays Are a Nightmare” to white card stock with Gina K. Designs amalgam ink and colored it with Copic markers, trimmed it out with scissors and applied it to the tag front with foam tape.

5 comments:

  1. I am sure your son will love hos tag birthday card! Thanks for linking up with us this time at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tag for a birthday! Love it Arlene. My youngest is also in their 40's - where has the time gone??
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your coloring -- he is very cool. Thanks for joining in at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun tag,love the sentiment with the image. Thank you so much for joining the Male Room -challenge, I hope to see you joining our new "It's snowing" -challenge also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tag you made :-)) I like the colours you use.
    Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room.
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!