Monday, November 11

watercolor flower...


Well, I was excited to brig you this card with the floral water color image because it was being clearances at MFT Stamps.
Unfortunately it is gone from their site, sorry!
The base card is white card stock.
On water color paper I stamped the large background stamps, MFT Stamps “Etched Flower” that I had smooshed, technical term, with Distress inks then added water before stamping.
Once dry I trimmed it down and added a piece of burgundy card stock behind it to apply to the base card.
On more of the burgundy card stock I stamped the sentiment from MFT Stamps “Birdie Brown Greetings Galore” using Versamark ink then heat embossed it with white embossing powder.
This I trimmed to match the sketch and applied to the card.


2 comments:

  1. Love how this stamped image turned out Arlene - and the way you have mounted it using the sketch is great - the organic look of the flower against the graphic lines of the design adds wonderful drama to this pretty card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Arlene! Humbled that my floral card inspired yours. I love that Etched background stamp and how you just used a portion of it for the sketch! Thanks so much for joining CTS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!