Friday, November 15

oxidized metal again...


There is going to be some real honesty coming in this post.
I only had DCWV “Metallics” mat stack for metallic papers to work with.
Since this is a guest designing gig I am hoping the lovely ladies at CAS Mix Up will allow me a little license.
When I tried to apply the dye inks to my paper, with water as per one of the videos, it just rolled off.
So I cheated and used two alcohol inks (denim and sailboat blue) with a bit of water.
Then I dried it with the heat tool but it would not accept the clear embossing powder.
So I cheated again and used Versamark ink to apply the embossing powder...it worked!
The base card is white card stock.
From more white card stock I used two of the dies from Spellbinders “Holiday” set to cut out the frames and glued them to the metal paper I had made.
Next I trimmed very closely to the edges then glued the large square onto the base card.
Before applying the smaller square with foam tape I stamped the sentiment (unknown company) first with Distress chipped sapphire ink then with Encore silver metallic ink.

Thank you for following my blog and please check out the other wonderful CAS Challenges listed in my left hand side bar.


9 comments:

  1. We all had trouble with the re-inkers running off the metallic paper, Arlene! You were very clever to find another way to make your oxidized metal. It makes a wonderful backdrop for this pretty die cut! Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this month! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous CAS design and I love your Oxidised panel! I didn't have any metallic paper, so I used a metal sheet and Alcohol Inks. I think it's a great idea to use what you have and adapt:) Thanks for guesting with us this month at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great result with your clever idea! Lovely card and we are so happy to have you guesting with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks totally convincing, I too had some difficulties. This is a beautiful design and the sentiment font compliments it so very well. Thanks so much for being our special guest at CAS Mix Up. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so resourceful to make your own oxidized metal piece, Arlene!
    The white snowflake frame looks so beautiful against the rustic dark blue background.
    Stamping the sentiment in dark blue and then silver metallic is a wonderful idea to match the sentiment to the metallic background. Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer this month!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arlene, you were so creative to figure out your own method to create your gorgeous metallic background for your beautiful white die cut. Thank you for sharing your detailed steps. A real CAS beauty. TFS Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you persevered because the final design is really beautiful, Arlene! Love the look of the oxidized metal with beautiful white die-cut. Thanks again for being our Guest Designer this month at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you stuck with it, the results look fab. I think we all had "fun" with this challenge!! Thank you so much for being our CAS Mix Up GD this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was revisiting the CAS Mix Up blog, since I'm hoping to squeeze in an entry late in the game (as per my usual), and am glad I decided to pop over to your post. Your lovely design shows that you can always try to find a work-around if things don't go according to plan at first.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!