Sunday, November 17

50 years together...


Recently hubby turned 70 and I did a card drive for him hoping to get 70 cards.
Not quite but it inspired a bunch of my friends to do the same for their family members...in this case my friend’s parents are celebrating their %0th wedding anniversary.
The card is white linen card stock with a piece of painter’s tape cut in a gentle slope and taped to the card with a post it note circle die cut using a Lifestyle Crafts circle die.
Next I used a makeup brush to apply Distress Oxide blueprint sketch ink.
After using my static bag I stamped the sentiment from Unity Stamp Co.’s “promise always” with Versamark ink and heat embossing it with gold embossing powder.
On another piece of white linen card stock I stamped the image from the same set with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder before trimming it out with scissors and and foam taping it to the card front.


4 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful anniversary card, A Rose! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Marsha DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a simple yet powerful card....very nice! We are so pleased that you joined us this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen - DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Arlene - I love that image, and you have used it to perfection, especially with that sentiment
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card you've created for your friends' 50th Anniversary, Arlene. The simplicity makes the stamped couple even more striking. I absolutely love the sentiment--so true, and so special given the length of their union.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!