Thursday, September 12

Swedish...

and


My ancestry is mixed but definitely 1/2 Swedish on my Dad’s side.
The dala horse was what my Grandmother pulled out every Christmas.
Now as I am a Grandmother I have the wooden dala horses but I also have red dala horse jelly candies.
The base card is kraft card stock with a layer of red card stock.
The white layer is run through the BigKick with the We R Memory Keepers quilted embossing folder.
Using Marianne Designs data horse die with the kraft, white and red card stock I made the horse to foam tape to the card front.
With kraft card stock and Sizzix Alphanumeric Label dies I cut out the Swedish translation of Merry Christmas and glued it to the card front.

7 comments:

  1. Love your lovely dala horse, Arlene! I must get one for our Christmas display. Thanks for starting things going for this challenge at The Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet Christmas treat, Arlene! Beautifully pieces and he looks great on the quilted background! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s so wonderful to hear about other countries Christmas traditions. Beautiful card, I love the mix of kraft and red. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card Arlene - love how you have used the quilted background to accommodate the letters of your sentiment
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Swedish horse! So fun to include the Swedish greeting too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable dala horse, Arlene! I bet your grandkids love the dala horse candies at Christmas! Love the visual dimension from your quilted background. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love hearing about your traditions! The dala horse is beautiful, as is the quilted background and your colour scheme. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!