Friday, August 2

toweling...


Recently I used a few paper towels to mop up the black inks I have been using on my Halloween cards.
Since I have 31 more to make I decided that this should be one as well.
My “Mix Up” contains the paper towel, stamping, masking, stenciling and die cutting.
the main piece is water color paper with a circular stencil that I placed over a small circle mask.
Then using the paper towels and the inks in them I did the “sky”.
(For more ideas with paper towels go to the link above)
To finish I stamped the sentiment from Art Gone Wild’s “Cluttered Cabinets Halloween” and glued on the C.C. Designs “Bats” that I die cut from black card stock.


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up this month, your card certainly has a eerie feel to it, perfect for Halloween. I love the CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paper towel made a perfect Halloween sky, Arlene! That's a lot of Halloween cards! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous night sky for Halloween using paper towel transfer, Arlene. It really does give that "spooky" effect. Great card! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great effect with the paper towel technique and such an atmospheric card, perfect for Halloween. A wonderful card and thank you for joining in The CAS Mix up challenge x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great CAS Halloween card, love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!