Friday, August 23

fashionable...


Fashion to me means sewing.
No garment just magically appears from the designers drawing.
Instead there are hard working seamstresses, my great-grandmother was such a woman, behind every garment made.
That gave me the idea for this card which starts with a cream textured base card that I sponged the edges with Distress Oxide frayed burlap and hickory smoke.
Using a piece of double sided card stock from Tim Holtz 
idea-ology “Collage” paper stash I used one side for the next layer and the seamstress images side for the next.
The lady in “fashion” on the front of the card is from Tim Holtz “Paper Dolls”.

4 comments:

  1. What a stunning card Arlene - love that background and how the 'fashionable' lady steps off the page!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous designed card, I just love it.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..Fabulous and so creative. I totally agree to your views on Sewing and am blown over with your creation. Very fashionable indeed. Thank you for joining in at the Time out challenges, hugs ~ Ishani.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design - I love how you incorporated so many "fashion" elements - the vintage woman and all the sewing themed elements. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!