Friday, August 16

back at camp day 5...





and

Of course I can hardly wait until Autumn, but I am sorry that Summer camp is over!


Today I played with inks and water color paper to achieve my...
The base Card is dark brown card stock with a layer of cream card stock.
Using MFT Die-namics “Tree-mendous” I cut out all the trees and the trunks from water color paper.
Next came the Distress colors of rusty hinge, fossilized amber, fired brick and walnut stain brushed on with a makeup brush.
I found the brushes and the water color paper made for a better Ombre.
From another piece of water color paper i die cut the hill using MFT Die-manics “Stitched Basic Edges” and did the Ombre effect with Distress forest moss ink.
To finish the card I die cut the “hello” using MFT Die-namics “Hello” and more cream card stock.



5 comments:

  1. I really like how you did those trees, what a nice take on the ombre theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card design, its gorgeous.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Arlene what a stunning card - your ombre technique is perfect!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh great dies, lovely Autumn card - it reminds me of a Stamp Set I used to own. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous card Arlene! Your ombre colouring is beautiful and I love all the stitching details on the trees and your grass layer - so eye catching! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!