Friday, July 5

what is a bouquet?


If you follow the link above you will find out what I will be talking about in this post.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DARNELL!
You were a very sweet lady to me when many were criticizing my blog posts and I value you. More than I can say.
I wasn’t at the retreat for the blueberry fiasco but decided to make a piece of water color paper resemble what the team members pieces look like.
The base card is white linen card stock.
On my Tim Holtz glass mat I splattered Distress chipped sapphire ink with my large water color brush and laid the water color paper over it.
While that dried I cut a piece of white linen card stock and die cut it with one of Tim Holtz’s “Wildflower Stems #2”.
This I applied to the water color piece so the “blueberry stains” could show through. 
With words from Tim Holtz “Glorious Bouquet” I stamped them to the card front with Distress chipped sapphire ink.
To finish I applied the positive of the die cut to the card front because for me anything more than one flower is a bouquet!



6 comments:

  1. You've recreated our blueberry bumble perfectly, Arlene! Darnell will be delighted to see this! Thanks so much for helping us celebrate Darnell's birthday at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea to create your own background piece of blueberry bumble! Thanks for taking part that way in our special celebration for Darnell. The Chipped Sapphire is the perfect colour. Love your die cut flower and the use of both negative and positive. Thanks so much for making a card for the challenge I'm hosting at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work recreating the blueberry smooshed card, Arlene! LOVE IT! :) Adorable with your die-cut white flowers. Such a great birthday card for Darnell. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful 'blueberry paper' Arlene, and an absolutely elegant 'bouquet'. A stunning piece of work and an excellent tribute to Darnell.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic re-creation of smooshed blueberry! I love the use of negative & positive die cut - beautiful card and Darnell is sure to love it too:) So glad you joined in the fun at CAS Watercolour Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're very welcome, Arlene! We should all support each other and I love the way you are supporting the CASWC challenge as they celebrate my milestone birthday! It's brilliant that you made your own piece of blueberry art as a background panel to show through your pretty birthday bouquet! Yes, two flowers make a bouquet in my book, too, and I love how you created yours using both the positive and negative die cuts!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!