Friday, May 31

softened colors...


Recently I watched...
She was working with Direct To Paper, something that I used to do a LONG time ago with Colorbox inks.
She was using dye inks by Hero Arts but I don’t have them so I decided to play around with what I have.
On water color paper I smeared Distress Oxide aged mahogany, peeled paint and shaded lilac to get the challenge colors right.
Next I watered a large acrylic block and placed it over the watercolor paper.
Then I dried it with my heat tool.
Once it was thoroughly dry I stamped the flower stamps from Spellbinders “Designer Series-Cool Vibes” with StazOn jet black ink and trimmed them out with scissors.
The base card is kraft card stock with a layer of black card stock and another layer of kraft card stock.
The verse from the same set is stamped with the StazOn and then I added the flowers with glue dots and the black half beads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!