Friday, January 18

2 furry friends...


This is a fun challenge for me.
For though I like animals, I am allergic, really allergic to cats.
This was I get to play with them and still breath.
The base card is kraft card stock with a layer of black card stock.
The next layer is kraft card stock that I stamped the verse from Tim Holt “Curious Possibility” with StazOn timber brown ink.
The stenciling was done with Tim Holtz stencils “Dot Fade & Splatters” using Distress tea dye and gathered twigs inks.
Now to the kitties...
I took a piece of kraft card stock and sponged it with Distress inks.
Next I crumpled it up, using a little spritz of water to help crump it!
I un crumpled it and dried it with my heat tool before sponging more Distress inks on the folds.
Before stamping it I ran it through the Big Shot with extra shims to flatten it.
Now I stamped it with a cat from Tim Holtz “Crazy Cats” and Tim Holtz “Cat Chat” using StazOn timber brown ink before die cutting it with the coordinating dies.
The eyes were whitened with Pentecostal milky pop white gel pen.
They were applied to the card front with glue dots.

3 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this card Arlene - and what a fabulous way to colour and give texture to the cats with the inking and squishing and re-inking the paper!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card :) Thank you for joining us over at Use Your Stuff Challenge blog.
    Tina DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome and I bet it was a lot of fun to make! Such a shame your allergic to cats, though. TY for playing w/ us at "Use Your Stuff"! - Doreen DT Member

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!