Wednesday, November 14

thank you to Newton’s Nook...


This card comes out a an act of kindness by Newton’s Nook Designs.
A while ago I ordered some sets from Newton’s Nook Designs and when they came my granddaughter was here and her favorite set was “Fireside Friends”.
Unfortunately I had not ordered that set, it had been sent by mistake.
I contacted the company and asked what we could do about it explaining how much my granddaughter loved it.
They said keep it and we will send the one you ordered but could they please see what I did with the stamp!
The base card is kraft card stock with a layer f brown card stock.
The main piece is watercolor paper on which I stamped the image from that set with MFT Stamps insulation pink die ink.
Next came the watercoloring with Arteza classic watercolors.
After leaving it to dry pvernight I got up and used my Prisma pencils to apply more definition.
Once all the layering was done I stamped the verse from Newton’s Nook Designs “Newton’s Curious Christmas” with StazOn timber brown, trimmed it down and used a square punch to punch out the flag before applying it to the card front.

3 comments:

  1. Aw these 2 little guys are all snuggled up cozy together! Thanks for playing along with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute image and LOVE the cozy feel of the card!!! thanks for playing with cards in envy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is wonderful! Such a peaceful, cozy scene. So glad you played along with us at CIE!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!