Saturday, November 17

tags day 17...

Inspired by...
Avery Elle

I didn’t have any Avery Elle Christmas stamps so i decided to get creative with what I had!
The tag is cut from white card stock using MFT Stamps “Color Drops STAX”.
Onto the “drop” I stamped three of the sea horse images from Avery Elle’s “Mermaids” with StazOn jet black ink.
I colored them with Studio 71 markers.
I drew in the “antlers” with Sharpie Ultra Fine Point marker.
I sponged the Distress Oxide broken china ink trying to avoid the horses.
Because you can’t totally avoid them I used plain water and a small water color brush with a paper towel to apply water and blot off the Distress Oxide ink.
The spatters were done with the water and watercolor brush and blotting with the paper towel.
Once dry I stamped the verse (unknown company) with the StazOn.
To make the first sea horse “Rudolph” I added a small, red enamel dot!


3 comments:

  1. Now a seahorse Rudolph is unique! Love everything about this, from the waterdrop shape to the cute images. Thanks for being inspired at Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just too darn cute...love your sweet seahorses! Thank you so much for joining Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab idea to have a Rudolph seahorse! Love the tag shape too!
    Really enjoying taking part in
    25 Days of Christmas Tags
    Susan Renshaw
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!