Saturday, September 15

love my manatees...


I don’t usually try and copy an inspiration exactly but I wanted to play with the background.
The base card is white linen card stock that I sponged with Distress Oxide peeled paint ink.
Next came the spritzer and then a paper towel to pull off the color.
The tablecloth is orange and white polka dot card stock by Lawn Fawn.
On another piece of white linen card stock I stamped the cup from Lawn Fawn’s “Pumpkin Spice” and then made a mask of it as well with StazOn jet black ink.
The next stamp to go over the masked cup was from Lawn Fawn’s “Christmas Dreams”.
On the same piece of card stock I stamped the two manatees from  Lawn Fawn’s “Manatee-rific”.
All were colored with Prisma pencils.
I cut them all out with scissors and cut around one’s mouth and the other’s arm.
I glued them together and applied them to the card.
To finish I stamped the verse...a combination of words from Lawn Fawn’s “Manatee-rific” and “Year Seven” using StazOn jet black ink.


3 comments:

  1. I love that you played along with the background!! What a great take on the inspiration challenge. Thank you for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a funny phrase! Thanks for sharing with our Paper Craft Crew challenge this week. I love the colors you chose. Did you watercolor the background?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri...it’s Distress Oxides sponged then spritzed with water and blotted with a paper towel!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!