Saturday, July 21

colorful butterfly...



I chose to lighten the colors for this challenge.
I made the mistake of getting on Amazon on Prime Day and ended up with an assortment of Arteza products.
To make this card I used watercolor paper and stamped the Stampin’ Up “swallowtail” butterfly with MFT insulation pink premium ink.
Next I colored the butterfly with Arteza watercolor pencils and floated the color, all except the antennae, with my watercolor brush.
The verse, MFT Stamps “You Give Me Butterflies”, was stamped with StazOn jet black ink.
The dots were made by loading wa very wet water color brush with green from Arteza water color and flicking it onto the card front.
When all was dry I corner rounded two opposite corners with EK Success large purple corner rounder.


3 comments:

  1. Love how you handled the colors! Just Beautiful! The butterfly is so subtle and elegant... the impact is impressive. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your watercolored butterfly using the challenge colors! I'll bet you're happy with your "Prime Day" purchase...you did a beautiful job! Thanks for playing along over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very pretty! The Swallowtail stamp is a favourite of mine and you've done a super job of making these colours appear so delicate and soft, your butterfly has a real ethereal quality. Thank you for joining my colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!