Tuesday, July 17

by the sea, with rain...


This card has a combination of things that make it useful for me.
We live near the a lake with a beach.
My youngest son is moving closer to us.
He loves frappucinos.
We desperately need rain.
So I started with a white card stock base card.
From another piece of white card stock I die cut a square using MFT Die-namics “Inside & Out Stitched Square STAXX”.
On that piece I made the sand and sea following Stephanie’s instructions...
On another piece of white card stock I stamped the cool cup from Verve Stamps “happiness is...” with StazOn timber brown ink.
This was colored with Prisma pencils, Gamsol and artists stumps.
I trimmed it out with scissors and cut a slot in the square with a craft knife.
This was attached to the card and I stamped the verse from Verve Stamps “Wishing You” with the StazOn ink.
On the inside it says “the happiest of days”.
I believe he will love this new group home and the Starbucks card I am putting in the card!

3 comments:

  1. A very cute and creative card. Who wouldn't want that tantalizing drink at the beach? I sure would. I really like your take on this. I know you are thrilled to have your son moving closer to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this!! I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gorgeous background with the beachy look. Thank you so much for joining us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!