Thursday, January 18

Coffee, men and Sandy Allnock...

...made for the creation of this card.

and


I wanted to play with Sandy Allnock's idea for making coffee cup cards with Derwent Inktense pencils.


The base card is white linen card stock with a layer of black card stock.
The main piece is Canson Watercolor paper with the cups from Stampin' Up's "Perfect Blend" set stamped with StazOn jet black ink.
The water coloring was done with Derwent Inktense pencils, numbers 1720,0510 and 2110.
Following the video I added the white highlights with my white gel pen.
The verse from Clearly Sentimental's "About Coffee" was stamped with StazOn jet black ink.

The reason I chose this for a "man" card was because it reminded me of when I was at work and all the male town employees walked around with a cup of coffee ALL day!
.

3 comments:

  1. Love this strikingly clean and simple design, Arlene. I have to say that I totally agree with the sentiment. That middle coffee cup is beautifully coloured and definitely has more form because of the highlighting you've done. Nice work. Too funny about the male employees walking around with cups of coffee all day. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your use of the Inktense pencils give such a great look to the coffee cup, especially with the added white details. Well done!! Sandy gives out such great ideas! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Masculine Challenge this week. Lots of depth in that coffee cup and I don't mean from the contents. Beautifully coloured and detailed and such a great CAS design. Thanks for heads up about Sandy's video challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!