Sunday, September 10

Merry Christmas gift card, card...


This challenge required (to quote MFT)
"If designs featuring sliders, shakers, fancy folding or 3D elements are your thing, have we got a contest for you!"
Since I always need cards for gift cards I thought I'd give it a try!

 


Here goes with the instructions...
The base card is red card stock with a piece of white card stock inside on the back panel.
The next layer is water color paper with Distress ink pine needles sponged on, then the spritz and blot with a paper towel technique.
On a separate piece of water color paper I sponged Distress ink brushed corduroy and repeated the spritz and blotting.
Using MFT Die-namics"Pierced Rectangle Staxx" I die cut a piece of red card stock.
From that piece I die cut the cup and dome lid from MFT
 Die-namics "Cool Cup".
Using white card stock and the MFT Die-namics "cool cup" set I die cut 3 "whipped creams".
Also from the white card stock I stamped first the verse from MFT "LJD Trim The Tree" using Distress brushed corduroy before die cutting with another of the MFT Die-namics "Pierced Rectangle Staxx".
Cut a piece of acetate to match the top red piece, a little smaller all the way around.
Final die cutting is the green card stock straw, cut two, from the Die-namics "cool cup" set.


Assembly...
Tape green background layer onto base card.
Tape the acetate to the back of the red main piece.
Cut thin pieces of foam tape and apply to the back of the red main piece around the bottom and two sides.
(These have to be thin to allow the gift card space and the drink to move.)
 Trim down your "drink" piece to show through the acetate on the card front.
Glue the three "whipped creams" to the top of the "drink" piece.
Glue one "straw" in between two "whipped creams".
Now glue the other "straw" to the back of that "straw" making sure you go down the back of the "whipped cream".
(If the "straw" is longer than you like just trim it off.)
Place your gift card in the slot from the top.
Slide your "drink" in front of the card.
Attach the verse piece to the card front.

I hope I explained that well enough...if not feel free to ask questions in the comment area and I will try and answer them as quickly as possible!

1 comment:

  1. This is just so super-duper cool!!! I saw it over at MFT, and had to come take a look. Thank you very much for the instructions. Really neat! :) ~ Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!