Monday, September 11

It's written in the stars...


At least it's written near the stars!
The base card is white linen card stock with a layer of gold textured card stock.
The main piece is water color paper with Tim Holtz's "tree blueprint" stamp applied with StazOn jet black ink.
I made masks for the tree and ornaments and sponged Distress Inks blueprint sketch and hickory smoke.
I spritzed on the piece and blotted the ink off with a paper towel.
The coloring was done with Distress markers and drawn out with a water color pen.
On another piece of water color paper I sponged Distress ink fossilized amber ink and repeated the spritz & blot technique.
 Once it was thoroughly dry I die cut out the two stars using the die that comes with the set.
using a black permanent marker I drew around the edges of the stars then applied them to the places noted above with glue dots.
Before taping it to the front of the base card I stamped the verse from the same set with the StazOn ink.

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun Christmas card, the background is very pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!