Wednesday, August 30

Back to school...

RRCB 70
and

What fun to dig through my Tim Holtz stamps and find just the right ones for this "learning" card.
The base card is kraft card stock with a layer of black card stock.
The main piece is watercolor paper and I started by stamping the verse from "Perspective"(2015) with StazOn jet black ink.
The rest of the stamping was done using "Blueprint Assortment-globe"(2012), "Type lower - letters and numbers"(2017, sadly they don't have them older) and "Curious Possibility-pen nibs"(2011) and Distress black soot ink.
I sponged the whole piece with Distress Oxide frayed burlap ink,  around the edge with walnut stain and in the verse section with wild honey.
Using my watercolor brush I pulled off the colors from the lettering.
To finish I taped the main piece to the black card stock.

5 comments:

  1. Oh yes! This is fabulous. Love the sentiment and love the distressed vintage look. Very cleverly put together! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the unusual. Your post on the sssmchallenge was out of the box and I had to stop over and find out more. Really inspired me to think about what I have and what I could use for some of what I am working on.

    diana @ playing
    playingwithoutlimits.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your take on the challenge and great use of the foam stamps...thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is gorgeous, I would frame it! Thanks for doing the RR challenge!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice card, love the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!