Tuesday, April 18

Funny how a card turns out not what you expect...


But it turns out!
The base card is cream with brown flecks card stock.
I layered a teal strip then the patterned card stock square to the front.
On a separate piece of the cream card stock I stamped the flower from Verve Stamps "Brighter Days" with my Distress peacock feathers ink.
I pulled some color with my water color brush and once dry I trimmed it out with scissors and went back in with the coordinating marker and deepened the center and the edges.
I glued that to the card and added a wood embellishment.
On another piece of the cream I stamped the verse from the same Verve set and cut it out with a nested circle die.

*Hint- to get the edge smooth with the Distress brushed corduroy marker I laid the nest smallest die in the circle and drew around it!
I glued that to the front of the card and with my straight edge and the brown marker I went around the entire edge of the card front.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!