Wednesday, April 19

Am I blue???


I'm not really blue but loved playing with my blue Derwent Inktense pencils for this challenge.
The base card is watercolor paper.
The main image is a separate piece of watercolor paper on which I stamped two of the three flowers from Stampin' Up's Sassy stems set using StazOn midnight blue ink.
I also stamped the "thank you" from the same set using the same ink.
Then it was time to place color on each flower and vase with the pencils and float the color using my watercolor brush.
To finish I lightly color the background with a light grey pencil and used my watercolor brush to float that all over the main image piece.
Finally, once it was thoroughly dry, I taped it to the base card.

1 comment:

  1. I really love the look you acheived here and great take on the photo inspiration. So you happy you joined us on the Tuesday Throwdown challenge this week. Hope to see more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!