Thursday, October 13

Falling leaves, go past my window...

As the wind picks up with a lovely cold front coming through the trees in my back yard are starting to loose their leaves.
I will miss the leaves because of the beautiful colors they bring at this time of year...


This was a lovely easy card to make.
I think I have found the idea for next years Autumn shut in cards.

The base card is cream card stock.
The first layer is a brownish square trimmed off a bit to make a rectangle.
I ran the rust colored square through my Objectives Ltd. oak leaf embossing folder.
 I cut a piece of gold sheer ribbon and attached it to the back of the brown piece and glued it to the card.
I layered on the rust piece and cut the leaf, Sizzix Leaf #1, from more cream card stock and stamped the verse, part of a Hero Arts set, using Adirondack Terra Cotta ink onto the leaf.
Once that was glued to the front of the card I trimmed the ribbon.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully done! I love the embossed background behind your simple falling leaf. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!