Tuesday, August 16

Butterflies try to escape...

It's funny that this challenge comes this week.
I live in the Rochester, New York area and we have a museum here called "The Strong".
It's a children's museum with a butterfly area. 
Yesterday morning they found a bunch of smashed windows in the butterfly area...not caused by vandals.
I told hubby the butterflies tried to escape.
Turns out is was just our weird weather this year!!!


The base card is black card stock.
The "swallowtail by Stampin' Up is stamped with Staz-On black ink on a smaller piece of white card stock with the left side and right side masked so the image doesn't appear on it.
I used my oval dies to find one that would fit the smaller black top piece and allow the butterfly to show through.
The "Thank you" is also Stampin' Up both cut out with Stampin' Up oval punches.
 The best part were the beads that I had in my stash from the clearance rack at Hobby Lobby that matched perfectly!

2 comments:

  1. A lovely Butterfly creation for our theme this week, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card I love your design, Thank you for joining in our butterfly challenge at Allsorts this week,Good Luck
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!