Thursday, June 12

New Challenge for me...


I was looking all over for new challenges and when I saw coffee AND chocolate I knew I just had to try it!!!

Their Challenge #66...embossing
  is perfect for a new technique that I wanted to try.



I took my Darice embossing folder that looked like the new thing I'm trying...zentangling!

After running the folder loaded with white card stock through my Cuttlebug I pulled out my Tim Holtz mini tool and Ranger inks to start rubbing color on the part that was raised up...not so good.
It ended up placing color on the whole thing and I wasn't pleased. But a friend, long ago, said there are two sides to every paper!

I flipped it over and tried again!
YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
It gave me just the look I wanted. Color on top and the design showing through white!

After cutting it out and layering it on to other card stocks I felt it should have a saying! Punches to the rescue. A flower to match the folder with a saying on it.

It's not a coffee or chocolate color...but maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!