Thursday, August 8

whale…


This challenge made me go into my stash and use items I have had for years but just didn’t use.
The base card is white card stock.
On more white card stock I stenciled the Picket Fences Studios “Slim Line Waves Stencil” with Distress Oxide mermaid lagoon and a pouncer.
With the Picket Fence Studios “Slim Line Whales and Mermaid Stencil” and Distress Oxide hickory smoke ink I stenciled the whale’s tail.
\I trimmed that piece to fit and stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts “Handwritten Messages” (2020) and Ranger Archival ink graphite.
To make the bubbles I die cut white card stock with dies from Tim Holtz “Stacked Tiles, Circles” and colored the edges with the mermaid lagoon ink.
These I applied with foam squares.



5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card - love the background stencil you used, and the colours you combined.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome, Arlene! Such a cool stencil, and that mermaid tail is somehow just perfect with it - brilliant! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful interpretation of the sketch at Retro Rubber! The use of stencils and color are fun, as is digging into our stash! Thank you for playing along at Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your stenciled background. Thanks for playing with Retro Rubber Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the whale tale!! Great interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!