Thursday, July 18

snowflakes…


Back to Christmas in July cards!
On water color paper I stamped the snowflakes from Paper Smooches “Snowy Salutations” with Versamark ink and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder.
Next I water colored the piece with Distress inks rustic wilderness and festive berries.
This I trimmed down and applied to the white linen base card.
Using green card stock I die cut the ribbon using Tim Holtz “Bow Tied Die” and glued it to the card front.
I finished the card by stamping it with a sentiment from Paper Smooches “Christmas Sampler” set.


4 comments:

  1. A very effective technique for this card Arlene - when i saw the colour challenge I immediately thought there would be lots of Christmas cards :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love how this turned out, Arlene! You are such a creative card maker. Thanks for playing along at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this pretty technique, Arlene! The loose watercolor is fabulous and the die cut bow is the perfect addition. Thanks for joining us to play at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful use of the challenge colors! Thanks for playing at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!