Sunday, July 28

leaves…


This is the time of year when the heat starts ramping up and I close myself in my air conditioned craft room to make Autumn cards.
The Base card is brown card stock with layers of more browns.
The leaves are made from Tim Holtz mica sprays on kraft card stock then stamped with leaves from Tim Holtz “Pressed Foliage” with StazOn timber brown ink.
Since the ink doesn’t show up that well I just trimmed the leaves and foam taped them to the card front.
To finish I used brown card stock with a sentiment, unknown company, then trimmed it to fit the card front as per the sketch.


4 comments:

  1. This is just so lovely! What a wonderful way to start your Thanksgiving cards! Those leaves look so realistic and I love the layers on your front as well! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, your leaves look so rich and realistic! Love that texture and depth of colour! The layering really enhances the feature panel and that textured base is a great choice. Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful card - love those leaves, they look so realistic!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with those gorgeous leaves and fabulous fall colors. A wonderful take on the sketch. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players for our 700th challenge - and thanks for playing with us so often.
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!